Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts / KSU-IEEE Announces
What: Week 3 of LPI-1 Administration Learning Group
• Wk 3 – Pick up w/ Chapter 2; read through pg 52 in the book (101-LPIC-1-admin-en.pdf)
** User Administration (Chpt 2)
** Access Control (Chpt 3 – thru to pg 52)
When: 2/18 – Every other Saturday 10a-12:15p
Where: KSU Marietta Campus, Atrium Bldg Rm: J-215B; check the signs in the building for any room changes.
Who: Everyone is invited. Students and non-students.
Cost: $0 – this is an outreach from ALE.org
Parking: $0 – KSU-Marietta P60 Deck
- 6+ months of Linux admin experience.
- Bring a computer w/ access to or VMs running Ubuntu Server 14.04 and/or CentOS 7.x.
- Basic understanding of common 50+ common shell cmds, sudo, file permissions and editing configuration files. This is not a Linux 101 class. That knowledge is required to pass the exam.
- Expect at least 32 hrs of class required. Some students will need less time, others will need much more. Significant effort is expected to prepare for the LPIC-1 test.
Leaders: JD, Carlos, Brian and others.