[ale] Seeking Filesystem Guidance

Stephen R. Blevins stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 18:51:14 EDT 2023

     I have a terabyte external drive i got from my step-son.  Linux
Mint claims it is in FUSE format.  I use it for both data storage and
for A/V media storage.  I do like the fact that I can mount it and write
to it from Linux Mint, *and* that our BlueRay player can also read it
and display .mkv files correctly from it.

     I just purchased a couple of terabyte drives (from Microcenter,
where else).  Their startup instructions assume a Winders environment,
claiming that Winders will automagically create a filesystem on them (I
assume in NTFS format).

     My request for guidance is, "If I format them from Linux, what
filesystem format should I select?"

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen R. Blevins