[ale] Video interview process

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 19:28:15 EDT 2023

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I had a one way video interview today.

The site is https://www.sparkhire.com/, and whomever is hiring sets up the format. They have X number of questions (mine had 7), and you're presented with the question in text. Once you get the question, you have a certain amount of time to think through your answer (1-2 minutes each), and you are given a short period of time (again, 1-2 minutes) to video yourself answering. Some potential employers allow retakes, but mine did not.

There's a tutorial on how things work, and you have time between questions to hit the head, or whatever. The timer doesn't start until you say you're ready for the question. Pretty interesting, in that it avoids having to wait days or weeks to get a bunch of people on a conference call.

For those considering job searching, something to prepare for.

Leam

--
Automation Engineer        (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)