[ale] Reliable seller of refurbished MacBooks?

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:17:28 EDT 2017

<NOTE FORMER APPLE CORPORATE EMPLOYEE>

The commentary about third party repairs is patently false. There is a robust ecosystem of third party repair companies, and they are tied directly into the Apple IT infrastructure, and are given very high levels of access and abilities close to but not quite the same as an Apple store (I granted both types of access).  Third parties are encouraged and appreciated.

Onyx has ALWAYS been spot-on fast with repairs, and the “wait X days” comment is BS.  If you go to Onyx and pay for “hot bench”, you can be seen that day. I’ve had them repair while I stood there.  The hot bench fee applied to the total repair.  If their policies have changed, then that’s just it… ONYX’s policies have changed.

There are more than one Apple store in this town (4?  5?).  You don’t have to go to Lenox.

Apple has a lot of issues.  Let’s not manufacture even more.  Sounds like Linux vs. Microsoft bashing.