[ale] thunderbird- and Aplay

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:27:55 EDT 2015

On 05/29/2015 03:07 PM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> Until a few weeks ago just after installing a new Ubuntu (shouldn't have done
> it), always purged pulse and left/installed alsa if I needed sound.  Couldn't
> figure out which audio input from 25+ in ALSA to pick, to installed Pulse and
> chose "default", which worked.  Normally, there are 3 ALSA choices, but this
> time ...
>
> aplay -l
> and
> arecord -l
> have never let me down previously.
I think you need to split off the thread for this..
I HATE pulseAudi!!!
I always have to install the PAvolumecontrol, and every time I start
something that requires sound, I start the PAVolume control and select
that app with my Soundblaster card.. Once I do that for vlc, chrome,etc
I only have to do it once.

>> so far, I have installed & tried LXDE, XFCE4, fvwm, and openbox.
> Paul, Of those 4, only two are WM. The other 2 are DEs.
>
> * WM
> * DM
> * DE
> These are 3 different things.  The WM controls where new windows are placed.

ok, so which are WM's ??

--
Paul Cartwright