[ale] thunderbird

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri May 29 15:07:55 EDT 2015

Until a few weeks ago just after installing a new Ubuntu (shouldn't have done
it), always purged pulse and left/installed alsa if I needed sound.  Couldn't
figure out which audio input from 25+ in ALSA to pick, to installed Pulse and
chose "default", which worked.  Normally, there are 3 ALSA choices, but this
time ...

aplay -l
and
arecord -l
have never let me down previously.

> so far, I have installed & tried LXDE, XFCE4, fvwm, and openbox.

Paul, Of those 4, only two are WM. The other 2 are DEs.

* WM
* DM
* DE
These are 3 different things.  The WM controls where new windows are placed.