[ale] [semi-OT] Linux desktop computers again

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Thu May 28 14:25:02 EDT 2015

Quite a few people from the list have bought Linux desktop systems from me the last few trips to Atlanta, so I thought I would send this out.

I'm going to be coming to Atlanta next week (Thursday and Friday, 06-04 to 06-05).
I don't have any monitors this time (except for some 15" LCDs), but I have a number of HP, Dell, and Gateway systems that I could load openSUSE or the original Windows that came with the system on.
These have 2GB of memory, 80GB drives, and either Pentium D, Core 2 Duo, Athlon X2, or similar CPUs.  All come with a keyboard and mouse, but no monitor (unless you want a 15" LCD for $10 more).
I'm asking $60 each.  I also have some old Pentium 4 (with hyperthreading) Dell systems for $50, if anyone is interested in any of them.
Please reply off list if you are interested in getting one of these, and can meet next Thursday or Friday.  If you are looking for something different/ a different config, let me know, and I will see what I have.
Thanks!
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield