[ale] Mutt config.

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon May 18 14:36:12 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-18 08:02, George Allen wrote:
> So I used to run procmail and pull my mail off of google, and had mutt
> setup to read both IMAP and ~/mail/*
>
> I had a problem though - if I setup a trash folder to point to
> ~/mail/trash, then it would download all the messages I delete off of
> Google. If I pointed it to imap://[GMAIL]/Trash (or whatever the actual
> syntax is), then it would upload anything I deleted locally.
>
> Is it possible to setup two trash folders, one for messages deleted
> locally, and one for messages deleted via IMAP?
>
> I know I need to read up more on account-hooks, so I'll take RTFM as an
> answer if I need to... or if anyone already has it setup then thanks in
> advance!
>
> -George

I used to have something clsoe this when switching between multiple
IMAPs within mutt.  I don't currently use mutt so it will take some time
to find my old configuration files.  In my case I just used function
keys to switch mutt's "personality" and worked in one account at a time.
 But doing it that way involved only having to remap the definitions of
the various folders.  I don't recall ever having total success with
hooks but it's worth a look, things may have improved since that older
version of mutt.