[ale] 10G networking

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Fri May 8 17:09:36 EDT 2015

It all electrical at both ends. The sfp+ adapter takes the electric signal from a bunch of tiny wires and feeds a fiber connection through a laser. The socket for the sfp unit is all copper connections.

The direct copper line plugs in like an sfp but only does a crossover in copper to the other end. Stupidly overpriced cable.