[ale] Zimbra

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Aug 8 15:22:23 EDT 2014

Anyone here use Zimbra well enough to answer my question?

Currently I use fetchmail on user accounts to grab mail from Earthlink,
process through procmail, then Spamassassin and ClamAV and finally
written to /var/spool/mail/<USER>.  I have multiple domains on this
system.  If mail is sent to the asme user at another domain then it is
send directly to this system. Sendmail catches it then it goes through
procmail.

These users use Outlook via IMAPS to access this via Dovecot and we use
a 3rd party mail relay service to send mail out.

The users are asking for Exchange type features.  Zimbra comes to
mind.   If I loaded Zimbra on this system would it replace Sendmail?
Can it figure out that the source is /var/spool/mail/<user> or could I
modify each users .procmailrc in their home to insert the email in Zimbra?

What I want to do is setup a test host at Rackspace Cloud.  Use
fetchmail on it to retrieve a user's mail from our mail system. Load
Zimbra on it and see how it works.

The users can then access Zimbra via Outlook, Zimbra Desktop, or the Web
Interface.  I've been using OpenMail, but have not updated it since 2008!

Thanks,
Chris