[ale] CLI conversion of word DOCs to PDF

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Tue May 8 11:18:33 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> I do believe that almost all programmers either can't, or won't, or
> perhaps most of all, are not given the time and encouragement to properly
> document their code.

As a full time developer, "not given time" is the biggest issue I have.
 I'd love to have the time, AS I'M WRITING THE CODE, to document what the
hell I'm doing, but alas, so many in various levels of non-technical
management don't see it that way; to them it's always something that can be
"fit in" later.  But at least 2 things conspire against you there; "later"
is always taken by some other coding effort and you never remember "later"
as much as you do "now" so anything you try to backfill is suboptimal at
best.  (There is also a non-trivial issue here that many coders are just
not good writers, and not in least part because English (in my case) is
often their second or third language.)