[ale] CLI conversion of word DOCs to PDF

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue May 8 11:36:06 EDT 2012

On 05/08/2012 11:18 AM, Michael Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE)
> <atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
> <mailto:atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com>> wrote:
>
>     I do believe that almost all programmers either can't, or won't, or
>     perhaps most of all, are not given the time and encouragement to
>     properly document their code.
>

> As a full time developer, "not given time" is the biggest issue I have.
>   I'd love to have the time, AS I'M WRITING THE CODE, to document what
> the hell I'm doing, but alas, so many in various levels of non-technical
> management don't see it that way;

Personally, I see this the easiest way to do it.  Commenting as you go
adds very little time to the actual development process.  Particularly
when compared to going back and trying to document the code after you've
finished.

But, I know what you mean about management.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson