[ale] 3D printing

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:14:24 EDT 2011

Oooh, me, meeee!!!!!

I'm the proud owner of cyndi, Cupcake  #2219,
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/glantriff/5274652006/in/photostream/ ).
I've been printing stuff on her since around January.   Another
cupcake with a mk4 hot-end lives at the Freeside hackerspace (
http://wiki.freesideatlanta.org/ ). They have public meetings Tuesday
nights. That's no guarantee of a demo or even that the machine will be
functional, although they usually have a few printed things lyin'
around.

I'm pretty glad I went the makerbot kit route, although I still think
about building my very own Mendel.  Contact me off-list if you want
details, although I posted a few messages to this board about cyndi
back a whiles.

-- CHS