[ale] 3D printing

James Baker jimbakerforlinux at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 12:39:13 EDT 2011

On 04/08/2011 12:15 PM, Michael Trausch wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have (access to) a 3D printer that they have
> used?  I ask because I would like to see one firsthand and learn more
> about what they're really capable of.
>
> --
> Sent from my phone... a G2 running CM7 nightlies!

I've seen several types of 3D printers.
They are capable of just about anything that you can imagine.
They can make parts that are otherwise unmanufacturable.
One example part was a chain (like on a bike) that was made all in one shot.
It swiveled just like a normal chain, but it was made of plastic.
Cool stuff.
I don't have access to any 3D printers though.