[ale] SOLVED (probably) (NOT!) Re: Rescuing an OS X HD from Linux - partition table hosed

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Mon Jan 18 09:29:22 EST 2010

I think I might be too late for this case, but one datum: I was
impressed by Disk Warrior, even though it's commercial software.
My disk was generating errors, too.

I used some custom software to pull off as much data as I could.
I should have used ddrescue, I think, but I had some programs
that made it pretty easy to throw something together.

After that, I let Disk Warrior start messing with the disk, and it
was able to retrieve all the data I cared about in a reasonable amount
of time.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/