[ale] datastorageunit.com

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Thu Jan 14 22:36:54 EST 2010

So, I am looking for a linux alternative to mozy or carbonite.  (I would
hate to lose everything due to fire/theft)

I keep seeing something about the site datastorageunit.com.  They tout
unlimited storage with any type of client (rsync, sftp, ssh) for $3/mo.
 Do any of you have experience with them?  If so, what do you think?

Do you have any other suggestions?  S3 would be fantastic but looks like
it will be too expensive for the amount of data I want to backup(lots of
photos!).

I am also thinking about setting up a server at friend/family house to
rsync to but we'll see.

Rob