[ale] Way OT: Ice Maker question

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 30 10:45:19 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 10:31 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> fyi: A Sears repair man told me it was $500+ to replace an ice maker.
> Sounds like a racket.

It depends.  I had a water leak on the floor.  The repair man came out
and it seems I forgot to replace the filter.  The filter will leak at
the seams after 1 yr.  I bought a new filter and instead of charging me
$200+ bucks for the visit +filter price, he filed under "Customer
Education" and it was the filter price + $80 for the trip.