[ale] Way OT: Ice Maker question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:26:37 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 10:31 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
>>
>> fyi: A Sears repair man told me it was $500+ to replace an ice maker.
>> Sounds like a racket.
>>

> It depends.  I had a water leak on the floor.  The repair man came out
> and it seems I forgot to replace the filter.  The filter will leak at
> the seams after 1 yr.  I bought a new filter and instead of charging me
> $200+ bucks for the visit +filter price, he filed under "Customer
> Education" and it was the filter price + $80 for the trip.

PEBKAC for appliances. :)

I can't recall how many items I've buggered up for not following _all_
the directions.

"I made X run by typing in modelines in my first Slackware install.
Why do _I_ need to RTFM?!"

:-) about this time my wife usually rolls her eyes, coughs, and starts
reciting the list ....

James P. Kinney III