[ale] [OT] Mojave Experiment

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:40:55 EDT 2008

Vista refused to communicate with a damn router I was trying to install on a
client's lan (it was what he had on his stuff, and we didn't bring a laptop
with us- live an learn).  I think it's because the http config would try to
talk back to the client on a different port.  Even with windoze firewall
turned off this behavior continued.

It also seems to me that Vista is taking windows in a less user-friendly
direction, while Linux makes gains in that dept every day.  Ubuntu installs
on just about everything I've tried with no problem.  Everything "just
works" out of the box.  The same can't be said of Vista.

I also dislike the security paradigm that Microsoft has adopted.  Why don't
they just bite the bullet and embrace the tried-and-true, simple and
straightforward Unix security structure?

This has kept me from doing any more in Vista....