[ale] Boot failed

danlambert at bellsouth.net danlambert at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 10 10:10:42 EST 2006

Because of problems I've experienced in the past with some BIOS versions not liking to cooperate when using multiple boot devices, I've been using  only the CD drive (usually configured as the first boot device, and then the drive I prefer (IDE or SATA) as the second boot device.

You may require a net boot option, so that would be listed as a third boot device, but I only enable the minimum number of boot devices, and virtually never enable the floppy as one of them.

I am of the opinion that I can always go back into the BIOS setup and change to add an additional device or change their priorities if required, but it's better to minimize the number of boot devices in the list.

Dan Lambert