[ale] Boot failed

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Feb 10 11:43:21 EST 2006

On Fri February 10 2006 10:10 am, danlambert at bellsouth.net wrote:

>   ?
> Because of problems I've experienced in the past with some BIOS
> versions not liking to cooperate when using multiple boot devices,
> I've been using ?only the CD drive (usually configured as the first
> boot device, and then the drive I prefer (IDE or SATA) as the second
> boot device.
>
> > While troubleshooting the current issue, I switched it to:
> >
> > 1: CD-ROM
> > 2: Floppy
> > 3: IDE
> > 4: SATA

unless you got updated drivers, SATA isn't supported in the 2.6 kernel,
to the best of my knowledge..
I just did a RHES install, V3 update 4, and it failed to load with dual
SATA drives. The customer had to go out and buy a new server with a
SCSI drive.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800