[ale] PHP/MySQL development position

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Wed Jun 15 12:57:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We (www.manh.com) have a position available immediately for a proficient
Web developer who is skilled in PHP and MySQL.  The position will
involve working with me on developing our corporate Internet and
Intranet sites.  Here're the main skills we're looking for:

- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent job experience
- Understanding of relational database design, preferably with MySQL
- Strong PHP and Javascript experience - Familiarity with Content
Management Systems
- Experience in developing and maintaining x-HTML and CSS
- Ability to develop procedural and object-oriented PHP code
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization, MySQL performance tweaking
and CRM integration are pluses . Apache, Linux, XML a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to develop on top of existing architecture

And the responsibilities, more or less, are:

- Develop and maintain code for multiple corporate Web sites
- Develop content and online functionality to support marketing campaigns
- Generate and analyze site traffic reports
- Develop tools for maintenance of content by non-technical staff;
provide training in tools
- Implement Web site design changes in collaboration with design team
- Optimize and track search engine visibility to corporate Web
site
- Assist in maintenance and development of Intranet site
- Optimize database and PHP code for performance and reliability

This should be a pretty interesting job for the right candidate, at a
strong company; if you would be interested, please send me your resume
(text/Word/whatever), details of other sites you have worked on, etc.,
to gcarless at manh.com

Feel free to forward this information to friends as appropriate.

Thanks,
--George