[ale] Microsoft admits what windows is really worth!!

Randal Jarrett K4RSJ rsj at radio.org
Thu Jun 9 21:29:33 EDT 2005

>From /.

Microsoft Sets Value Of Pirated Windows: $1

Posted by CowboyNeal on Thursday June 09, @07:23PM
from the same-as-a-frosty dept.
nick_davison writes "The BBC is reporting that Microsoft has reached a
deal with the Indonesian government on pirated software - which is
believed to affect around 50,000 government PCs. Under the deal,
Indonesia will pay $1 per copy and agree to buy legally in the future.
Indonesia's information minister, Sofyan Djalil, said, "Microsoft is
being realistic. They can't force developing countries like us to solely
use legal software since we can't afford it. They want us to gradually
reduce our use of it." Somehow it seems unlikely the same rules will be
applied to developing companies and poorer individuals in the United
States."

Randy
--

Randal Jarrett  <rsj at radio.org>