[ale] lame vbr

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 8 08:03:42 EDT 2005

maybe you should check this link out.  Long encoding times are required
from what I've read but the quality stays good and the size reduction is
good.  I can't find a clear download of an audio encoder here but this
was the source of an encoder called mp3enc, I think.

http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm/legal/index.html

Look in the downloads section too.
Dow