[ale] lame vbr

Steve Tynor stevejunk at iintiip.com
Wed Jun 8 08:36:32 EDT 2005

FWIW,

I don't treat the files on my ipod as "audiophile" quality (so I can't
vouch how they sound over anything other than the ipod, but I've noticed
that when I encode streaming radio (WABE's Jazz Classics, My Word) to
mp4 format (aka AAC) with FAAC instead to MP3 via lame -- with default
command line arguments, the resulting file sounds just as good and is
about half the size as lame's mp3 file.

Open source download for FAAC at: http://www.audiocoding.com/

Steve