[ale] gostscript question

walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Thu Nov 20 08:28:34 EST 2003

I had to take leave from this problem for a couple of days to actually
run my AC business,

You asked  if I installed everything from RH or left some programs out,
which programs do you feel are needed that I might not have?

I tried again to run these commands but found that the rc.d directory
was in  /etc ( like in the susi distribution) the output was that the
directory did not exist, so I added /etc to your most recent command and
all I get is a blinking cursor, no output.

I notice that you want to see output after sending a fax and not
necessarily after opening up files that are already received.  When this
problem first appeared, it always happened after sending faxes.  I had
someone try to diagnose the problem, and he said that  we would get the
error that the modem was in use when trying to send faxes, but that at
the same time it would receive ok. Then when I tried to open the files
and convert to ps it would hang up. The interaction of hylafax with the
modem seems to be involved.

I have considered other fax programs but VSI is a bit pricey about 2500
then I would still have to have help in setting it up most likely, and
most of the programs under 500.00 wont handle linux clients only linux
servers with windows clients or they will only handle one computer -no
network.

I am reaching the point where I would be willing to hire someone from
the metro Atlanta area to make an office call to help me out if my
inability to locate the trouble continues.  (any takers?)

your help is appreciated

Walter Sams