[ale] Debian Sarge help requested - firewall and apt-get

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Wed Nov 19 14:09:00 EST 2003

Hello ALER's again,
	I appologize if this is a repost of this question.  I just moved from
running Red Hat (since 6.0) to Debian Sarge and am need help with a couple
of things.

1. I have Bob Troxen's "Real World Linux Security" and would like to use
his firewall scripts.  So far I am doing something wrong with them as I
cannot log into KDE.  I can delete the symlinks and all is well.  Could
someone direct me as to how to correctly enable those scripts in Debain.

2. The easy one I cannot relocate.  What is the correct entry in the
sources.list for keeping "Sarge" up to date and what is the correct
command line (ex: apt-get ???????  ????????) to use to accomplish that.

TIA,
Jim Seymour