[ale] Looking for editor opinions

Steve Tynor tynor at iintiip.com
Sun Nov 16 10:39:24 EST 2003

Larry Richardson wrote:

| Alers,
|
| I am looking for a different editor for programming.  I use emacs mostly
| (some vi) for C/C++, but I want to find an editor that can give me the
| following:
| Anyone know of an editor that will fit the bill?

XEmacs does everything you want.  Recent versions offer a tabbed window
list.  Have you looked at tinydesk.el? -- it purports to save biffer
state (http://mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/procmail/ssjaaa/ema-tiny-body.html).
I don't use tinytools, so I don't know how well it works, but I'd be
amazed if there is not an acceptable 'save state' package out there.

Remember, in Emacs, the question is not "can Emacs do X", the question
should be phrased "how does Emacs do X?".

Steve