[ale] Looking for editor opinions

Larry Richardson larryr2 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 16 08:58:52 EST 2003

Alers,

I am looking for a different editor for programming.  I use emacs mostly
(some vi) for C/C++, but I want to find an editor that can give me the
following:

o  Graphical interface

o  Tabbed window list (like gEdit)

o  Ability to save the editor state (list of open windows) and restore
this later - this is the one feature I haven't found yet

Other nice to have features:

o  color code highlighting based on file type

o  ability to kick off scripts from the editor (to do compiles, etc)

o  key remapping, or at least the ability to use emacs or vi keymaping

o  free

Anyone know of an editor that will fit the bill?

Thanks,
Larry Richardson
larryr2 at bellsouth.net.NOSPAM