[ale] Duplicate messages, Exim4 & .forward

BruceG bruce at manygriffi.blogdns.net
Wed Nov 12 20:45:53 EST 2003

Hey all,

   I'm using Debian Testing and pulling e-mail with exim4 and using
fetchmail to grab pop mail from my ISP. I'm using courier-imap, and am
storing messages in /Maildir format.I'm using a .forward to put the mail
in different directories, and ClamAV to scan and reject at smtp time.

   I noticed that I'm getting duplicate messages. The messages are
stored both in my Inbox and in subdirectories. Any of you run across
this? I don't know if the problem is in my exim4 configuration in in my
.forward file.

   My .forward is below:

bruce at manygriffi:~$ cat .forward
# Exim filter
# Handle mailing lists

if $h_To: contains "fedora-list at redhat.com"
  then save Maildir/.Fedora/

elif $h_to: contains "ale at ale.org" or
     $h_to: contains "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts"
  then save Maildir/.ALE/

elif $h_to: contains "squirrelmail"
  then save Maildir/.Squirrelmail/

elif $h_to: contains "madwifi"
  then save Maildir/.madwifi/

elif $h_to: contains "gnucash-user at gnucash.org"
   then save Maildir/.GnuCash/

elif $h_from: contains "Cron Daemon"
  then save Maildir/.Cron/

endif

# If you didn't enable site wide Maildir
# your users will need to have this catch all
# entry, or it'll end up in MBox format.
#
save Maildir/

# Done