[ale] quickstart php4?

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 25 12:56:41 EDT 2002

And a quick test to see if PHP is really working. Create a text file with this
command:

<? phpinfo() ?>

and name it tset.php and put it in your Web server document root directory.
Open it in your browser and it should dump all sorts of information about
your PHP setup. If it doesn't, you aren't there. This is a good check,because
other, more complicated scripts can fail for reasons other than your PHP
setup.