[ale] Topic for next ALE NW meeting June 16th

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat May 25 18:55:45 EDT 2002

David S. Jackson wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:15:10PM -0400 Geoffrey The Esoteric <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
>
>>With David's acceptance, I'll put together the announcement.  I believe
>>Greg offered to assist, therefore I'd need a short bio from both for the
>>announcement.
>>

> I accept, Baby!
>
> One thing, communication is hard enough to accomplish face to face, but
> preparing something as complicated as a bash mini-seminar as a brand new
> two-man team could be daunting, to me at least.

That's fine as far as I'm concerned, you offered, it's your presentation.

I'll not let Greg off that easily though, as I'd still like to leverage
his knowledge, so Greg, how about you choose a topic of your choice for
a presentation?  Bob Toxen's going to do iptables in July, so you've got
some time to think about it and put something together.  Or, if you can
help Dave with the issues he's outlined below, let him know.

> I think the end-result would be more cohesive if just one of us were
> responsible for it.  Team-teaching such a thing is a little too
> sophisticated for me.  But I certainly need help with outline, examples,
> critiques of code and so forth that I'll prepare for the list and class
> prior to the presentation date.

Any takers?  I'm open to reviewing code and examples.

> Also, I don't really have any experience making slides for a
> presentation, so any help getting those ready would help.  Why don't I
> get the outline fleshed out, along with mini-exercises, and perhaps even
> a little workbook of, say, 10 pages or something.  And then whatever the
> best way to get all that across in handouts, exercises, arm-waving, etc,
> y'all can "edicate" me with.

Someone into slides?

> That way, any special examples or problems can be elucidated and
> incorporated by the time of the presentation.
>
> Howdat sound?

You on, now how about that bio??? :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net