[ale] OT - ADSL - Conclusion

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jul 12 10:02:07 EDT 2002

That is correct - but, depending on what the problem is, you likely will get
much better SERVICE.  Why?  Because as bad as Bellsouth is for us lowly
customers, they are even *worse* when dealing with their competitors.  So,
if you have DSL through one of their competitors, and the problem is on
Bellsouths side of the equation, you *will* wait *considerably* longer for a
repair.

> Best choice of DSL ISP would be DirectTV DSL - Static IP, No
> PPPOE, No port blocking, you can run any server on your end,
> free hardware, ethernet modem/router.

Sounds excellent for home use, but again, they do not offer ADSL for
businesses - I have tried.

Charles