[ale] OT - DSL

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jul 12 09:58:01 EDT 2002

True - this is an excellent alternative for small businesses.  They even
have a program where you can aggregate multiple T-1's in the same manner.

> I don't know why they (CBeyond) are calling it voice-over-IP
> since its really not (marketing droid found a cool buzzword).

Well, according to the Sales Reps Tech who was there in my meeting with
them, it really is voice-over-IP - he specifically said (because I
specifically asked) that all voice communications are packetized and sent
over the T-1 to their equipment, where the voice and data allocation takes
place.

> It's just a dynamically allocated T1. 12 9600 baud analogue
> lines of solid, steady connectivity.

Hmmm. Either you are mistaken, or he must have been lying, or didn't really
know and was making assumptions, because he talked 24 64k channels.

Charles