[ale] Q: Linux ftp through M$ p[r]oxy

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Fri Jul 12 10:06:04 EDT 2002

Jim -

This looks like a good bet - I'll check it out. Your idea is confirmed by
my figuring out last night that an active 'Winsock Proxy Client' was
preventing my PPP activity from finding its way out to the Net until I had
VPN'd into a domain which provided a willing proxy.

I'll start digging.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Jim Philips wrote:

> I haven't done anything like exhaustive research on this, but it looks like
> you might need a SOCKS client to talk to the proxy server. A client and
> server version of socks is available at:

> http://www.inet.no/dante/

> They have documentation on MSproxy:
> ftp://ftp.inet.no/pub/socks/extracted/doc/README.msproxy

> On Thursday 11 July 2002 04:42 pm, John Mills wrote:
> > ... I get 'Could not connect to <proxy_ip>: Connection refused.'

 - John Mills