[ale] Ignorant Newbie

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sat Aug 3 22:15:27 EDT 2002

Julia Malvina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there's a class somewhere that gives you an
> introduction to Linux.  I've installed it on an old computer but am not
> sure about some of the terminology and other basics.  I feel like if I
> understood just a little more I might be able to move along faster.

Can't recommend any classes, but like the others said, feel free to ask questions.

   man pages are your friends.  HOW-TO docs are the man pages' friends (tldp.org)

If you want reading materials, this might be a good place to start:
   http://www.linux-tutorial.info/cgi-bin/display.pl?224&0&0&0&3
   http://www.learninglinux.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Basic+Operations
   http://www.linuxnovice.org/
   http://www.ctssn.com/