[ale] Earthlink DSL

Jim Philips jim.philips at s1.com
Fri Jul 27 11:33:06 EDT 2001

My experience with Earthlink DSL has been good...for the most part. It isn't uncommon to have spontaneous drops. I have to kill pppd and start it again. PPP will be alive, but nothing comes across. There are also times when PPP dies altogether. No messages show up in /var/log/messages. But it's stable most of the time. Transfer rates average about 1.35 megabits per second or higher. I don't have a static IP.

I tried to work with Telocity at the beginning, but they kept insisting DSL wasn't available at my number and wouldn't hear any arguments to the contrary. Mindspring just signed me up and did it.