[ale] Bellsouth dsl and static IP

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jul 27 11:21:58 EDT 2001

I just got off the phone with BellSouth.  Here's the whole poop.  They
have recently started doing static ip dsl.  There are some catches.
First, it must be on a business phone line.  They run about 2x a
residential.  Here's the breakdown on cost:

Business DSL $79  (same as residential just cost more cause it's a
business)
1 static IP with above $40
Cost per month for a business phone line $56 (straight from BSouth)

So that would be $79 + $40 + $56 - (your current residential phone
service assuming you would replace it with the new business line)

Thats going to be > $130 when you add in the additional cost of the
business line over the residential.

I did talked to a tech support guy who also told me there were no
restrictions on the services you would run and there are no throughput
charges.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein