[ale] Language Jihad!

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at innoverse.com
Wed Jul 18 13:03:22 EDT 2001

On Monday 16 July 2001 05:26 pm, you wrote:
> At 05:10 PM 7/16/2001 -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> >I would challenge anyone to disagree that the learning curve for C++ is
> >much larger than the learning curve for C.
>
> So is the learning curve for Assembler over C.  Your point?

	Actually, to master assembler (for one cpu) and C are almost the same
effort. Indeed, I like to think of C, when properly used, as a portable
assembly language. This is why its most appropriate for operating system
development. Until C++ gets its ABI situation fixed, C is going to hold onto
that title for some time to come.

	regards & later,

		Ben Scherrey