[ale] postfix, bugzilla, sendmai,l oh my!

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Wed Jul 18 13:26:29 EDT 2001

I just fixed this problem in my bugzilla install.  The emails are boiler
plate text in a file in the data directory call "params".  There are (I
think) 3 different email boiler plates that you have to change.  I went
through with vi and replaced the ^M with carriage returns (just regular
carriage from the keyboard, not \r or a control character).  Once I did
this, the email worked perfectly....

At 08:55 AM 7/18/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok, silly me final decided to look in the log files. Basically i am trying
>to figure out
>how to use bugzilla, so I am trying to email my password to my self and
>this is the
>bounce back that I am getting.
>
>I piped out to a file what the perl script was trying to send here it is.
>this was all on
>one line:
>
>From: bugzilla-daemon^MTo: cadethacker at yahoo.com^MSubject: Your Bugzilla
>password.^M^MTo
>use the wonders of Bugzilla, you can use the following:^M^M E-mail address:
>cadethacker at yahoo.com^M       Password: xxxxxx^M^M To change your
>password, go to:^M
>http://maintank.cade.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi^M
>
>are the ^M the culprit, this is coming out of bugzilla, so How do I change
>this is this
>is the problem? Look below and you will see it is breaking up the message
>up and trying
>to email each word in the message as if it was the address. so it is not
>getting a "To:"
>field.
>
> >From MAILER-DAEMON at maintank.cade.org Wed Jul 18 11:23:03 2001
>Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON at maintank.cade.org>
>To: apache at maintank.cade.org
>Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
>
>This is the Postfix program at host maintank.cade.org.
>
>I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
>below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
>For further assistance, please contact <postmaster at maintank.cade.org>
>
>If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
>delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>                         The Postfix program
>
>Message rejected: No recipients specified
>

>     [ Part 2: "Undelivered Message" ]
>
>Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
>From: bugzilla-daemon at maintank.cade.org,
>      To:  cadethacker at yahoo.com,
>      Subject:  Your at maintank.cade.org,
>      Bugzilla at maintank.cade.org,
>      password.To at maintank.cade.org, use at maintank.cade.org,
>      the at maintank.cade.org, wonders at maintank.cade.org,
>      of at maintank.cade.org, Bugzilla at maintank.cade.org,
>      you at maintank.cade.org, can at maintank.cade.org,
>      use at maintank.cade.org, the at maintank.cade.org,
>      following:  E-mail at maintank.cade.org,
>      address:  cadethacker at yahoo.com,
>      Password:  xxxxxx at maintank.cade.org,
>      To at maintank.cade.org, change at maintank.cade.org,
>      your at maintank.cade.org, password at maintank.cade.org,
>      go at maintank.cade.org, to: ,
>      http:  //maintank.cade.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi at maintank.cade.org ;
>
>To: undisclosed-recipients:  ;
>

>Thanks,
>cade

>body.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net