[ale] Using a camcorder for a web cam?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Dec 16 08:37:11 EST 1998

nlucent wrote:

> You can get a video capture card ($29 from onsale.com), as long as your
> camcorder has svideo it should work.

There's support for this $29 card under Linux?  I've checked out the
docs on the video4linux (thanks to the previous poster..) and found that
most of the hardware supported is in the $100+ range.  I don't mind
spending the money, but I'm not an idiot.  I'd rather spend $29 then
$100 and it's a lot easier to get it past the budget committee (my
wife).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????