[ale] Strong home wireless router?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Jun 2 03:24:20 EDT 2023

On 2023-05-31 05:38, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
> Hey all, any suggestions on a strong home wireless router? Our internet
> will come in through the provider's modem, but I don't want to use their
> wifi. I have an ASUS RT-ACRH18, but am not sure how secure it is.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leam

As others have mentioned Ubiquiti would work well for lower cost
appliance usage. Stick with the EdgeRouter series if you want to avoid
the Unifi software (the EdgeRouters have web and SSH interfaces for
configurations, no additional software required) and couple that with
the access points.

I have two EdgeRouters that I use for purposes other than the main
router and they work well. Some of them have passive 24 volt PoE which
supports their line of AP-AC-series or U6-series access points.

My main router is a Celeron J6512 based SBC with four Intel GbE ports
running stock Linux on it.