[ale] Strong home wireless router?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Jun 3 18:17:45 EDT 2023

Leam Hall via Ale said on Wed, 31 May 2023 07:38:28 -0500

>Hey all, any suggestions on a strong home wireless router? Our
>internet will come in through the provider's modem, but I don't want
>to use their wifi. I have an ASUS RT-ACRH18, but am not sure how
>secure it is.

Hi Leam,

I'm not sure what you mean by "strong", but if you mean able to deliver
a strong signal over long distances, please be aware this makes it much
easier for your neighbors or some guy parked on the street to try to
hack you, or download illegal content that will then be blamed on you.

The ideal wifi is all over your house and no farther.

SteveT

Steve Litt