[ale] Document Scanner Recommendations

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jun 20 16:10:50 EDT 2022

Jonathan Meek via Ale said on Thu, 16 Jun 2022 06:20:43 -0400

>Hey folks,
>
>I wanted to see if anyone had scanner recommendations that work well
>with Linux. I am looking at the Brother line of document scanners but
>didn’t easy Linux support based on an internet search.

Depends what Linux. As I remember, Brother offers packages for the
Debian and Redhat style package managers, but doesn't offer source code
so us people with non-bandwagon distros can install it.

Truth be told, in the seven years I've owned a Brother multifunction
with scanning, I scanned to USB stick and copied the files onto my
computer. Pain in the butt? U better believe it, but I use Void Linux
and I'm dam glad I do.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm