[ale] Back to new the desktop question

William Bagwell william at alt-config.net
Sat Dec 17 08:49:29 EST 2022

On Friday, December 16, 2022 10:34:57 PM DJPfulio--- via Ale wrote:
> Sounds awesome right?
>
> Well, because of all the USB2 stuff, when they are connected, booting
> takes almost 5 minutes as each port/slot is checked for media/storage
> to be booted. In the end, I left the USB3 ports, audio, and eSATA
> connected so booting would take so long.

Good to know about the USB2 slowing boot time. Media dashboard seems to
be a decent search term. Found one with no USB2, three USB3, eSATA, USB
type C and six different card slots. (Four I will probably never use)
Kingwin on Amazon for $26, identical no name from $18 to $50 elsewhere.
Reviews are mixed, but not finding anything similar in a brand I
recognize. All have a bunch of USB2.
--
William