[ale] Mouse semi-failing

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Aug 28 00:55:13 EDT 2022

On Sat, 2022-08-27 at 20:51 -0400, Pete Hardie via Ale wrote:
> Fedora 36. Today, the mouse stopped working to select windows or scroll
> within a window. Any suggestions welcome
> Tia

My mice all have batteries. When I have a mouse malfunction, my first move is to
replace the batteries. I coat the top and bottom of the batteries with electronics
lubricant to limit fretting corrosion and other types of corrosion.

My experience has been that if I have repeated problems "fixed" by pulling in and
out the dongle, replacing the batteries is called for.

SteveT