[ale] Time for this Grey Beard to stir up some stuff

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 27 23:26:30 EDT 2021

Solomon Peachy via Ale said on Thu, 27 May 2021 09:21:00 -0400

>On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 08:52:51AM -0400, Jerald Sheets via Ale wrote:
>> What exactly is happening to the discipline, and how can we “do
>> better” as a discipline?
>
>The "solution" is make things crappier.  Seriously.
>
>You know as much as you do because you spent decades working on/with
>stuff that would break if you looked at it sideways, and that's after
>sacrificing untold quantities guatamelan poultry to get it going to
>begin with.

I got into Linux in 1998 and except for X and a few problematic wifi's,
during the entirety of those two decades I don't remember stuff breaking
or being at all brittle.

Now X works beautifully, out of the box, with any Radeon. Those who use
nVidia for vidio, well, they might be screwed.

SteveT

Steve Litt