[ale] ODD iptables issue?

Robert Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:32:58 EDT 2021

I have a very weird one.  I'm running an ubuntu firewall, kernel
5.8.0-48-generic with iptables 1.8.5-3ubuntu2.20.10.2 ( WTF???? ) and it's
up to date on patches.  For work, I have to connect to an openvpn from my
laptop, behind the firewall.  Every day though when I get up, it wont'
connect.  It says it's connected in the logs, but it won't pass any
traffic.  If I kill the connection, restart my firewall script, and then it
connects just fine.

I've put up a copy of the firewall script at
http://paste.debian.net/1198346/  ( ip subnet changed to protect the stupid
).

Thoughts and feedback other than changing it off of iptables are welcome.
That may happen in 2 months anyways but not yet.

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar