[ale] Getting rid of VMware

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Mar 12 11:35:21 EST 2021

On 3/12/21 9:08 AM, Tod Fassl via Ale wrote:

> The virtual machine that is acting as a file serveris running on a
> ESXI host that has 6 ethernet cables connected to it. But it looks
> like most of the ports aren't even active. I would *assume* I can
> safely remove those cables. But why the heck are they there in the
> first place?

It is there because the last 4 guys were afraid like you. Schedule
some maintenance downtime, label the cables carefully, and pull them
one at a time while someone checks which storage is impacted.  May
want to run an ARP/scan against the subnet to see if you can easily
trace back the MAC -to- IP relationship.