[ale] Time for this Grey Beard to stir up some stuff

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Thu Jul 22 17:54:14 EDT 2021

Solomon,

I disagree.  Well designed software just works, isn't fragile,
easy to configure, and gives USEFUL error messages like
"cannot access foobar.com" or "cannot access info.com to do DNS lookup"
or "not receiving GPS signals" rather than the incompetent
"Something went wrong".

Honestly, I see the root problem as most people have learned to
accept Micro$loth's garbage and thus tolerate this.  Thus, the
vendors hire cheap inexperienced programmers with no real
education or talent.

Sadly this garbage has infused into Linux as well especially with
unnecessary complexity such as the /dev fake file system and systemd,
both of which I wish I could disable.

This is based on my over 40 years of programming experience, not
including 4 years at Berkeley and programming for 6 years before
that.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Retired from Quality Linux & UNIX security and SysAdmin & software
   consulting since 1990.
Retired from Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... BobT's enhancement